Valparaiso Drain Cleaning
Providing the Right Solutions to Get Your Drain Flowing Again
Is your shower, sink, tub, or toilet starting to drain slowly? You most likely have a clogged drain line. A drain line stoppage is often the result of a buildup on the inner walls of your pipes. The most common culprits include hair, grease, fats, soap, detergent, and even foreign objects that were accidentally dropped down the drain.
When this happens, make sure to call Young Plumbing and we will send a certified plumber to your home for an estimate to solve your drain stoppage problems. Additionally, we offer the best drain cleaning maintenance solutions on the market, making us Valparaiso’s first choice in drain cleaning.
Common Causes of Clogged Drains
The best way to fix a clogged drain is to prevent it from happening in the first place. In order to do this, it's important to know what the most common culprits are. In our experience, the most common causes of a clogged drain include:
- Hair: Hair is especially dangerous because it tends to get stuck in your pipes and serve as an ideal surface for additional hazards to stick to.
- Fats & grease: Never, ever pour excess grease or fat from cooking down the sink. This is one of the fastest ways to start a monster clog that can lead to more serious damage to your pipes.
- Soap: Most traditional soap bars are made with grease and fats – this can then combine with the minerals in water, leaving behind a hard residue known as soap scum. Try to avoid using soap bars made with these ingredients to prevent this from happening.
- Dirt: While it's always a good idea to wash off after being outside, you should do your best to remove excess dirt before you come inside rather than washing it off in your sink or shower.
- Food waste: Even if you have a brand new garbage disposal, do your absolute best to avoid ever pouring food waste, especially coffee grounds and tea leaves down the drain.
- Small objects: The only things you should ever flush down the drain are water, toilet paper, and human waste. Anything else can easily get caught in your pipes and form the foundation of a serious blockage.
- Tree roots: Even the smallest crack in your underground pipes can provide space for a tree root to start snaking its way inside. Over time, the root will grow and eventually cause a massive problem for you and your pipes.
What To Use to Clean Drains
At Young Plumbing, we know that clogged drains can be a real hassle. That’s why it’s important to know how to clean your drains and keep them clear. We’ll go over the basics of drain cleaning, how to clean the drain, and how to eliminate drain smells.
When it comes to drain cleaning, there are several products available to help you get the job done.
Drain Clean is a popular product that can be used to break down blockages in your drains. It is a chemical solution that works to dissolve the blockage and clear your drain. To use Drain Clean, simply pour it down your drain and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. After that, run hot water down the drain to flush out the blockage.
Drain and Clean
Another product you can use to clean your drains is Drain and Clean. This is a combination of a drain cleaner and a degreaser. It works to break down the blockage and remove grease and grime from the inside of your drains. To use Drain and Clean, simply pour it down your drain and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. After that, run hot water down the drain to flush out the blockage.
Baking Soda and Vinegar
If you’d like to clean your drain without using a chemical solution, you can use a mixture of baking soda and vinegar. To use this method, simply mix a cup of baking soda and a cup of vinegar in a bowl. Pour the mixture down your drain and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. After that, run hot water down the drain to flush out the blockage. If you’re looking for a way to eliminate drain smells, you can use a combination of baking soda and vinegar. To use this method, mix a cup of baking soda and a cup of vinegar in a bowl. Pour the mixture down your drain and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. After that, run hot water down the drain to flush out the smell.
At Young Plumbing, we know that clogged drains can be a real hassle. That’s why it’s important to know how to clean your drains and keep them clear.
Aside from our Valparaiso drain cleaning services, Young Plumbing can perform sewer line repairs, complete water line replacements, other plumbing jobs. Call (219) 240-0075 now for service!
Hear From Our Happy Customers
“Every time they left they cleaned up their mess and made sure our house looked like it did before they arrived. John (the boss) and the other gentleman that did our sewer line in the yard were also awesome.”- Amanda
“Very professional and quick to get the job done. The only company I will call for any problems when they arise. Can't compliment them enough.”- Mary B.
“I have used Young plumbing for years and they have done a very good job.I like that they are very good at what they do.”- Paul Hagan
“Shane was great as well! I am usually doubtful about reviews but I highly recommend Young Plumbing. Give them a call and request Tom and Shane. You won't regret it!”- Julian
“Eric and Shane were professional, helpful, insightful, and fast! I would recommend the company based off of their great friendly customer service. Thank you both!”- Wards
How to Clean: Bathroom Sink Drains
As one of the most used sinks in your home, a bathroom sink can easily clog with soap, toothpaste, hair, and other grime. A bathroom sink with standing water is not just an eyesore, it may even cause permanent stains and foul odors throughout the whole house.
Chemical Cleaning Process
When it comes to cleaning your sink drain, the best way to start is by using a sink drain cleaner. These products are designed to break down grease, soap scum, and other debris that can clog your sink drain. When using a sink drain cleaner, be sure to follow the directions on the package and wear protective gloves and eyewear.
- Once you’ve used a sink drain cleaner, you can also use a plunger to help remove any remaining debris.
- To use a plunger, simply place it over the sink drain and press down firmly. This should help to dislodge any remaining debris and help to clear your sink drain.
- If your sink drain is still clogged after using a sink drain cleaner and a plunger, you may need to use a drain snake. A drain snake is a long, flexible tool that is designed to reach deep into your sink drain and remove any remaining debris.
Natural Cleaning Process
If you’re looking for a more natural way to clean the drain in your bathroom sink, you can use a combination of baking soda and vinegar.
- Start by pouring a cup of baking soda down the sink drain, followed by a cup of white vinegar. Allow the mixture to sit for 15 minutes, then flush with hot water. This should help to break down any debris and help to clear your sink drain.
- You can also use a mixture of baking soda and lemon juice to help clean your sink drain. Start by pouring a cup of baking soda down the sink drain, followed by a cup of lemon juice. Allow the mixture to sit for 15 minutes, then flush with hot water. This should help to remove any remaining debris and help to clear your sink drain.
As soon as you notice that your bathroom sink is draining slower than normal, reach out to our team immediately. We are knowledgeable about safe, eco-friendly methods in clearing your bathroom sinks, ensuring fast, efficient service.
How to Clean: Shower & Tub Drains
Shower and tub drains are plumbing issues that most homeowners dread. Standing water in the shower or tub can render your bathroom useless, causing a huge interruption to your schedule.
Some of the common causes of shower and tub drains include hair, soap, shampoo, and oils. While you shower, always pay attention to how the water is draining. If it pools around your feet, you may already have a clogged drain.
We have over 30 years of experience in drain cleaning. We can clear your drains from any and all debris, and restore them to a new condition quickly and efficiently.
How to Clean: Kitchen Sink Drains
Because of all the greases, fats, soaps, and detergents that go down the drain, kitchen sinks are very susceptible to stoppages. Another common cause of a clogged kitchen drain is improper use of a garbage disposal.
During the winter months, debris can build up in your sink drains, leading to clogs and slow drainage. The best way to prevent this is to clean out your sink drains once or twice a year.
You can do this yourself by using a drain snake to remove any clogs or debris. If you don’t have a drain snake, you can use a sink drain cleaner, which is a chemical solution that can help break down and remove debris.
If your sink is already clogged, there are several ways to unclog it.
- Use a plunger to push the clog down the drain.
- If that doesn’t work, you can try using a drain snake, which is a long, flexible tool that can be inserted into the drain to break up the clog.
- If that doesn’t work, you can try using a sink drain cleaner. These are chemical solutions that can help break down and remove the clog.
- Finally, if none of these methods work, you can call a professional plumber. A plumber can use specialized tools to clear out the clog and restore your sink to working order.
At Young Plumbing, we’re here to help you with all your plumbing needs, from fixing leaky faucets to unclogging clogged drains. If you’re having trouble with a clogged sink drain, give us a call and we’ll be happy to help.
Complete Drain Cleaning Maintenance Is a Phone Call Away
No matter what part of the home you’re looking at, your plumbing system can take a beating—making drain maintenance a crucial aspect to the health of your system. Our team at Young Plumbing understands how important drain cleaning is, which is why we offer quick, professional service using the best products on the market.
One of these products is Total-C. Not only will this formula dissolve grease fast, but when combined with our service, it will keep your drains cleaner for longer and leave your drains smelling fresh.
.It uses natural citrus liquefiers and fast acting enzymes that are safe for the environment and your pipes— the ultimate win, win! You don’t need to wait for a clog or slow drains to be concerned about the health of your drains instead, contact our team at Young Plumbing today!”
Should be “Your plumbing system throughout your home can take a beating making drain maintenance a crucial aspect to the health of your plumbing system.
Our team at Young Plumbing understands how important drain cleaning is so we offer quick, professional service using the best products on the market, such as Total-C. Not only will this formula dissolve grease fast, but when combined with our services, it will keep your drains cleaner for longer, and leaves your drains smelling fresh.
It uses natural citrus liquefiers and fast acting enzymes that are safe for the environment and safe for your pipes-the ultimate win, win! You don’t need to wait for a clog or slow drain to happen to be concerned about the health of your drains. Instead, you can stop a problem before it starts so contact our team at Young Plumbing today!
We understand that even a small clog can put your home or business at a standstill, which is why you can trust Young Plumbing to be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for any emergency drain cleaning services.
Our Valparaiso plumbers can come to your location swiftly with a fully stocked truck and get your drains flowing smoothly again.
Schedule drain cleaning services today! Give our office a call at (219) 240-0075.
With Our Team, There Are No Surprises!
- We Have a Fully Stocked Fleet to Service You Faster
- 30 Years of Experience We Put Into Use Every Day
- We Have a 2-Year Guarantee on Parts and Labor
- We Always Do the Job Right for a Fair Price
- We Are Bonded and Insured for Your Protection
- Plumbing Emergencies Are Unexpected. Contact us 24/7