Is your shower, sink, tub, or toilet starting to drain slowly? You most likely have a clogged drain line. A drain line stoppage is often the result of a buildup on the inner walls of your pipes. The most common culprits include hair, grease, fats, soap, detergent, and even foreign objects that were accidentally dropped down the drain. When this happens, make sure to call Young Plumbing and we will send a certified plumber to your home for an estimate to solve your drain stoppage problems. Additionally, we offer the best drain cleaning maintenance solutions on the market, making us Valparaiso’s first choice in drain cleaning.
Common Causes of Clogged Drains
The best way to fix a clogged drain is to prevent it from happening in the first place. In order to do this, it's important to know what the most common culprits are. In our experience, the most common causes of a clogged drain include:
- Hair: Hair is especially dangerous because it tends to get stuck in your pipes and serve as an ideal surface for additional hazards to stick to.
- Fats & grease: Never, ever pour excess grease or fat from cooking down the sink. This is one of the fastest ways to start a monster clog that can lead to more serious damage to your pipes.
- Soap: Most traditional soap bars are made with grease and fats – this can then combine with the minerals in water, leaving behind a hard residue known as soap scum. Try to avoid using soap bars made with these ingredients to prevent this from happening.
- Dirt: While it's always a good idea to wash off after being outside, you should do your best to remove excess dirt before you come inside rather than washing it off in your sink or shower.
- Food waste: Even if you have a brand new garbage disposal, do your absolute best to avoid ever pouring food waste, especially coffee grounds and tea leaves down the drain.
- Small objects: The only things you should ever flush down the drain are water, toilet paper, and human waste. Anything else can easily get caught in your pipes and form the foundation of a serious blockage.
- Tree roots: Even the smallest crack in your underground pipes can provide space for a tree root to start snaking its way inside. Over time, the root will grow and eventually cause a massive problem for you and your pipes.
“Every time they left they cleaned up their mess and made sure our house looked like it did before they arrived. John (the boss) and the other gentleman that did our sewer line in the yard were also awesome.”- Amanda
“Very professional and quick to get the job done. The only company I will call for any problems when they arise. Can't compliment them enough.”- Mary B.
“I have used Young plumbing for years and they have done a very good job.I like that they are very good at what they do.”- Paul Hagan
“Shane was great as well! I am usually doubtful about reviews but I highly recommend Young Plumbing. Give them a call and request Tom and Shane. You won't regret it!”- Julian
“Eric and Shane were professional, helpful, insightful, and fast! I would recommend the company based off of their great friendly customer service. Thank you both!”- Wards
Bathroom Sink Drains
As one of the most used sinks in your home, a bathroom sink can easily clog with soap, toothpaste, hair, and other grime. A bathroom sink with standing water is not just an eyesore, it may even cause permanent stains and foul odors throughout the whole house. As soon as you notice that your bathroom sink is draining slower than normal, reach out to our team immediately. We are knowledgeable about safe, eco-friendly methods in clearing your bathroom sinks, ensuring fast, efficient service.
Shower & Tub Drains
Shower and tub drains are plumbing issues that most homeowners dread. Standing water in the shower or tub can render your bathroom useless, causing a huge interruption to your schedule. Some of the common causes of shower and tub drains include hair, soap, shampoo, and oils. While you shower, always pay attention to how the water is draining. If it pools around your feet, you may already have a clogged drain. We have over 30 years of experience in drain cleaning. We can clear your drains from any and all debris, and restore them to a new condition quickly and efficiently.
Because of all the greases, fats, soaps, and detergents that go down the drain, kitchen sinks are very susceptible to stoppages. Another common cause of a clogged kitchen drain is improper use of a garbage disposal. Fortunately, our plumbers are experienced in the repairs of kitchen sinks as well as garbage disposals. Just get in touch with us and our friendly staff can quickly dispatch a certified plumber to your home or business.
Complete Drain Cleaning Maintenance Is a Phone Call Away
No matter what part of the home you’re looking at, your plumbing system can take a beating—making drain maintenance a crucial aspect to the health of your system. Our team at Young Plumbing understands how important drain cleaning is, which is why we offer quick, professional service using the best products on the market.
One of these products is Total-C. Not only will this formula dissolve grease fast, but when combined with our service, it will keep your drains cleaner for longer and leave your drains smelling fresh. It uses natural citrus liquefiers and fast acting enzymes that are safe for the environment and your pipes— the ultimate win, win! You don’t need to wait for a clog or slow drains to be concerned about the health of your drains instead, contact our team at Young Plumbing today!” Should be “Your plumbing system throughout your home can take a beating making drain maintenance a crucial aspect to the health of your plumbing system.
Our team at Young Plumbing understands how important drain cleaning is so we offer quick, professional service using the best products on the market, such as Total-C. Not only will this formula dissolve grease fast, but when combined with our services, it will keep your drains cleaner for longer, and leaves your drains smelling fresh. It uses natural citrus liquefiers and fast acting enzymes that are safe for the environment and safe for your pipes-the ultimate win, win! You don’t need to wait for a clog or slow drain to happen to be concerned about the health of your drains. Instead, you can stop a problem before it starts so contact our team at Young Plumbing today!
We understand that even a small clog can put your home or business at a standstill, which is why you can trust Young Plumbing to be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for any emergency drain cleaning services. Our team can come to your location swiftly with a fully stocked truck and get your drains flowing smoothly again.
Schedule drain cleaning services today! Give our office a call at (219) 240-0075.
- We Have a Fully Stocked Fleet to Service You Faster
- 30 Years of Experience We Put Into Use Every Day
- We Have a 2-Year Guarantee on Parts and Labor
- We Always Do the Job Right for a Fair Price
- We Are Bonded and Insured for Your Protection
- Plumbing Emergencies Are Unexpected. Contact us 24/7