Why Is Drain Cleaning Important?
Whether we’re talking about washing dishes, taking a shower after a long day, or washing your hands post gardening, it’s clear that the drains in your home work hard every day. From dirt and hair to soap and grime, these all-important systems can take a lot. Unfortunately, everything has a breaking point, and if your drains aren’t properly cleaned on a regular basis you could experience slow drainage, or worse, a severe clog. Our experienced team at Young Plumbing is sharing why regular drain cleaning is so important and what you can expect from a professional drain service.
How Often Should You Clean Your Drains?
While every home is different, with larger homes needing more maintenance than smaller ones, it is generally recommended that you have your drains professionally cleaned at least once a year. Just like performing routine maintenance on your car, this regular drain cleaning can keep your drains running smoothly and prevent a major blockage or failure.
5 key benefits of drain cleaning include:
- Reduced risk of blockages: Over time, drains can experience buildup from caked-on grime or debris. If this buildup is left unchecked it can cause slow drainage, clogged drains, or even cracks in the drain itself.
- Reduced odors: When food particles get trapped in your drains it can cause bacteria and even mold to grow. This can give off odors that radiate throughout the entire home.
- Reduced emergency repairs: Having a professional look at your plumbing on a regular basis can actually help you find problem areas before they turn into major plumbing emergencies.
- Improved indoor air quality: Bacteria and bugs can live in dirty drains, and when these contaminants circulate into your home, it can affect your indoor air quality.
- Improved lifespan: Not only does regular cleaning reduce the risk of repairs, but it can also increase the usable lifespan of your drains.
Trust the Best in the Business
Our skilled team at Young Plumbing understands how important it is to keep your drains clean and free from debris, which is why we use products that are second to none in order to provide the best service possible. Instead of using toxic chemicals, like the ones present in store-bought cleaners, our trained plumbers are committed to safe and effective treatments. We use Total-C, a water soluble and 100% natural solution that is not only safe for your pipes, but also safe for the environment. The fast-acting enzymes eat sludge, which keeps your drains cleaner for longer and also leaves your home smelling like citrus. Because of the highly concentrated formula, it dissolves grease fast throughout your entire plumbing system. Improve the flow of your drains through our professional drain cleaning solutions. We will service your system quickly and inspect your plumbing to make sure it is running smoothly for years to come.
To learn more about our drain cleaning solutions, call our Valparaiso team today at (219) 240-0075 or contact us online.